Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Dinner, Side Effects and Presents

Dear Donna brought dinner by last night. It is so nice, after sitting in that chair getting infused to come home knowing I don't have to even THINK about cooking. We did so appreciate it.

I made it through last night with NO side effects. Not so lucky today - but nothing horrible. I have the normal husky voice caused by the steroids and mid morning my hip began to act up. I have taken my heavy duty drugs, but so far they haven't seem to do much. Who knows - maybe it would be a lot worse without them. I have been icing the hip all afternoon, and this seems to help. One good thing is my body seems to have adjusted to the pain drugs so I am not totally wiped out when I take them. However, I still don't think I would get behind the wheel of a car - I would hate to cause an accident!

I am SO disappointed. Mark's birthday is today and he is terrible at giving good ideas for presents (other than his usual socks or underwear - boring) so I had the great idea of getting his grandfather's clock repaired! Speaking with the receptionist at the repair shop, it sounded like the repairs would be within my budget. I scheduled it for today and was going to just have it running and see how long it took until either he noticed it chiming or I couldn't stand it and told him. But NO - the repairs were three times what I had expected - needs full blown revamping of the gears. So, at least for today, all he gets is the paid receipt for the house call. :-(

4 comments:

Midwest Beach Girl said...

Shoot! I hate it when my great ideas don't pan out. It's so disappointing to me! I'm sure he loved the thought of it.

nikkis30by30 said...

Awwww!!!! I HATE it when things like that happen!!! There are few things worse than having the best idea ever and having it fall through due to things out of your control. Bummer!!!

Hope that you can rest some tonight without severe pain. Stay on top of those pain meds!!

BIG HUGS!!

Anonymous said...

It was so good to see you yesterday! Sorry this hasn't been the best day for Mark's birthday. I loved your idea on repairing the clock. Did you call The Time Center? I've used them before and have been happy with their work.

I just saw a Bible verse and thought of you: Deuteronomy 31:6.
Be strong! Be courageous! Do not be afraid...For the Lord your God will be with you. He will neither fail you nor forsake you.

Love, Donna

Melanie D. said...

Happy birthday to Mark! (late)

It was a nice idea, I'm sure he appreciates your effort. Having a wonderful wife is certainly gift enough! And maybe some new socks and underwear. :-)