Sunday, November 11, 2007

Grazing

Saturday was a real blah day. Extremely sleepy, nausea (and yes a little unwanted purging). I basically slept all day - and night. I have a bit more energy today, but food still doesn't sound all that wonderful. Carolyn has volunteered to go to the store and get me some 'grazing' items to make it through today, since an all out meal makes me shiver. Thanks, Carolyn.

Diane was going to take me shoe shopping on Saturday, but my body just didn't think it was a good idea. It would have been nice to get out of the house and enjoy some bff time, but we'll just have to hope for a good day this next week. I really do need some new light weight black tennies. I know Diane would bring shoes for me to try on, but I have such a weird foot - that would be a full time job!

Greg came over this morning to do a few things around the house for me. (Mark has been on his yearly pheasant hunting trip and comes back this evening. I am anxious to hear all the details of this male bonding ritual.) Greg has a busy day today - frat house clean up day (of which he is in charge, some type of board meeting, a parent pot luck (which unfortunately I won't be able to make :-( ), and then his regular Sunday night frat meeting. I appreciated his sharing a bit of his hectic day with me.

4 comments:

Di said...

You know I would be happy to be your personal shopper and bring you shoes to try on. You just say the word!!! I know you would appreciate getting out of the house though, so hopefully this week your body will allow us to do that. hugs, di

Midwest Beach Girl said...

Grazing items have saved me many times. Whether I am sick, emotional distraught, or simply nothing sounds good, I can always partake in some minimal comfort foods. Hope your body gets back on track with your go get 'em attitude!
-Love from Florida

nikkis30by30 said...

Grazing foods are wonderful, for many reasons. I hope they did the trick!! I am, again, so thankful for all of the people that are close by to help you out!

Hopefully Mark has some yummy pheasant to bring home!!! Share some pictures, if any were taken. Hunting pictures are some of the most beautiful (and sometimes funny!!).

Hope your week is uphill from here!

BIG HUGS!

Mimi in the Midwest said...

My Luv (Isn't that so-o-o 70's?)is deer hunting, too. He goes to Rushville NE and hangs out with college frat brothers. They have done this since 1974 and have only missed one year, which my husband is still crabby about.

J, I hope your tummy/system/body gets back on track so you can enjoy some food. That stinks not to be able to eat.

Please God, heal Jacque FAST!! Amen