Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I have had a busy day (thanks to the steroids). Mark is on vacation until Thursday - but had cut his hunting trip short due to circumstances with the hunt that weren't panning out. He was going to go ahead and head back to work today - but when the alarm went off this morning, decided one more day would be nice. It was truly nice for me, as Mark took me to Westroads, got a wheel chair and pushed me thru DSW to find some much needed shoes! He also ran me through Younkers where I grabbed a couple sweaters. I didn't try them on, so hopefully they work! But - Mark rocks!

We ran through Arby's on the way home from shopping and I got ANOTHER sandwich - of which I AGAIN ate half! I am not sure why those are tasting so yummy - but I figure - go for it!

Carolyn drove me to my podiatrist's appointment this afternoon and I got a gold star on my healing toes, so I won't need to go back. Yea!

Tonight, my dear PEO sister Martha is bringing by supper, so Mark and I can relax this afternoon and look forward to a nice home cooked meal.

My prayer request for all my prayer warriors is that my blood counts are good on Friday, that I stay 'healthy' until then and that the procedure to drain my lung is a success. I know I will feel so much better once I can breathe. Hugs to you all.

6 comments:

nikkis30by30 said...

I honestly love those sandwiches. They are wonderful and FILLING, so I say... GO FOR IT!!! ;)

"Mark rocks" is the understatement of the millenium! Not many men would take their wives over to chat it up with her girlfriends in a driveway and to do it with a smile?!?!? Add to that taking the wife shopping for shoes and well... I say HE gets the gold star!!! Many kudos to Mr. Mark. He is a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful man! A gift from God to you!

Also a gift, as always, are the friends taking such great care of you and Mark. So thankful for them.

Hugs right back at ya.... and lots of prayers. It WILL go well and you WILL feel better. I just know it!!!

Love you!!!

Midwest Beach Girl said...

prayers are headed your way from down south! Keep eating those Arby's sandwiches and taking it easy!

Katie Brenneman said...

Being ushered around by a man for retail therapy, hmmm. Isn't that a fantasy that we all hope will come true? Prayers kisses and squishes from the twin and her young un!

Mimi in the Midwest said...

Pray request received and forwarded to "The Man (Creator) upstairs"!!! [I think this is the first time I've prayed for a lung draining.]

Melanie D. said...

Go Mark! I love DSW. Now I want to go shoe shopping...

My new co-teacher is handling the Thanksgiving feast this week. (yikes!) We decided to have the independent living class do it this year. There are about 14 kids in there, so it's a good sized class. We decided doing it with 27 WIN kids would be NUTS!

I pray that your lungs are fixed to perfection. That your counts are strong. And that you may have some relief!

~Hugs~

Rosebud said...

A belated Happy Birthday to Mark..Happy Birthday to Mark..Happy Birthday to Mark and many more..rosebud