Thursday, November 1, 2007

Rested

Wow, we had the best Halloween turn out we have had in years! It wasn't anything outrageous, but I would guess at least 50! With a later Daylight Savings date this year we didn't see anyone until around 7:00. My friend and former teaching partner in crime, Melanie, her hubby Jay and brother in law stopped by with their kids - SO adorable. In the confusion, Brenna, Melanie's daugher, kept saying "Where is Miss Jacque?" over and over, and I had to go show her! I told her - I know I look different tonight (no makeup, stocking cap on my head) but her eyes lit up once she realized who I was. I wish I would have been awake enough to have thought to grab my camera! She is a beautiful, sweet little girl - and is a real prayer warrior!

I was exhausted last night. I had had two nights in a row of no sleep and napping during the day just hadn't happened. I finally went to bed at 8:30 and slept all night. I felt so much better this morning! However, I am still tired and have taken little cat naps off and on today. I switched to my lesser pain pill today and so far it has been enough. Hopefully it will continue and I will adjust to it!

5 comments:

Mimi in the Midwest said...

No pain!!! That's the prayer for the day!!! Amen

nikkis30by30 said...

So glad that you are feeling better today! A little Brenna time will make anyone smile. She is definitely an angel straight from above.

Hope that you are feeling well this weekend and get to have some fun time before your next round of chemo!!

Midwest Beach Girl said...

I didn't get ONE kid at my apartment. Now I have this bucket of candy and I am on a weight loss challenge for work! Glad to hear that you had many little ones at your place!

Rosebud said...

We had over 400 at the church..It was a hoot!..rosebud

Melanie D. said...

I'm glad you got some sleep. Take care.