Monday, November 12, 2007

Puffer Fish

Woke up the same way I did Saturday - more unwanted purging - so Carolyn dropped me off at the Cancer Center so I could get fluids. I would really rather not get fluids - I already feel like a puffer fish from retaining water - and the infusion, of course, adds to that 'look'. Also, while the steroids make me feel better on the whole and give me back somewhat of an appetite - it also causes me to loose my voice and makes communicating difficult, at best. Another draw back is the two and a half to three hours of sitting in a chair while being infused. If my body would let me totally relax I could take a nap - but it won't, and when I am feeling punky I really don't want to visit on the phone or watch TV, so there I sit. OK, enough complaining - the bright side is, I DO feel better. Also, I ate an entire half of a Market Fresh Sandwich from Arby's for lunch! Yea! It tasted wonderful!



Tonight is PEO, and I won't be able to attend. I would LOVE to hear tonight's program - but, since I still don't have daylight savings time figured out, I am usually in bed by 8:00 reading and many times fast asleep by 8:15 - So PEO is definitely not on my to do list, yet. . Donna and Cindy are reporting on their trip to Africa, where Cindy is establishing a women's hospital. They have received so much support for this venture - it is truly heartwarming.

5 comments:

Mimi in the Midwest said...

Hope you get some "oomph" back. Life's simple joys- a sandwich! I wish I could go to your PEO, it sounds awesome!

nikkis30by30 said...

Holy cow Jacque good for your appetite!!! I can barely eat one of those sandwiches!! YAY FOR YOU!!!

Midwest Beach Girl said...

Man, I feel like such a slacker. My MOM is faster at posting replies to your posts. :)
I'm glad you are getting some much needed food. Too bad you can't have chocolate. I was going to bring back some truffles for you, but I know caffeine adds to your "punchiness". Do you think you could handle licorice? I may bring some back with me from the licorice store in Lincoln before I fly out.......
Love from Florida!

Anonymous said...

Just a note to let you know you're in my prayers and thoughts... I miss everyone's constant chatter from our chemo group!!!

Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

We all truly missed you at PEO Monday and our "T party" tonight! I've been gone every day this week and haven't checked in with you, but I'd love to get over to show you our Africa pictures, our beautiful outfits, and the video about the hospital. I'll call next week to see if I could run over.
You're in all our prayers for a succesful draining on Friday.
Hugs and kisses!