Monday, November 5, 2007

Yea!

I was able to have chemo! Yea! It was touch and go - my counts weren't as high as they would have liked, but they went with a lower dose (1/3 less). I am glad, as I don't want to give this beasty any room to grow! I also received my flu shot, so the next couple of days will be interesting to see what kind of side effects I will have. Thanks to Carolyn for dropping me off and picking me up!

The Brabec's and O'Connor's were over last night and we enjoyed pizza, cherry pie and conversation. I was rather whimpy, but I still enjoyed listening and laughing. I hadn't thought about daylight savings time, and by 8:00 my body was longing to go to bed. Our dear friends had no problem letting me do just that. Luckily we had started at 5:00, so we still had a nice visit.



2 comments:

nikkis30by30 said...

Thank God for your friends that live close enough to help out by bringing you food and taking you to appointments and, most importantly, leaving when you need your rest. You are so blessed to have such a great support system. Must be because you are so loveable!!! ;)

Big hugs and lotsa love!!

~N~

Midwest Beach Girl said...

I shall pray that you breeze past any side effects from the chemo and the flu shot. Go Team Cancer! (That's a reference from the show $crubs. One of the dr's brothers gets cancer and that was the response from the silly yet witty "sidekick" when they started his chemo.)