Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!!!!!

True to my nature, I made the wonderful comfort food meal and then had to choke all but the taters and gravy down. What is with that? Hopefully, tonight's chili will have more appeal!
The side effects from the Aredia kicked in late afternoon yesterday and I suffered through body aches all night. Even my narcotics didn't seem to want to budge the pain. Everything settled down by this morning and I have kept on top of the pain meds, so hopefully I am due for a good night's rest. I should think it should start to dwindle and be gone by tomorrow afternoon (fingers crossed).
My biggest accomplishment today was driving myself to the store and getting the makings for the chili. I was pretty wiped out by the time I got home - Ladies and Gentlemen, steroids have left the building. I still feel pretty good, though, compared to the last few weeks, so I am not going to complain!
The chili is simmering on the stove and I need to go get the corn bread in the oven. We will lock the cats in the storage area and eat our chili in the great room while we wait for our trick or treaters to arrive. I am curious how many we will see this year!

4 comments:

Melanie D. said...

It was so good to see you. And do you know who was most pleased? My little Brenna. She asks about you a lot. How sick is your tummy, how much you have to rest, when you can have visits. Many prayers have gone up to the big Guy from that little girl's mouth. Even Brenna knows what an amazing person you are!

Katie Brenneman said...

I hope your candy day went well! And my tummy is rumbling thinking about the yummy chili you had last night!

Joyce said...

Glad you are able to eat some comfort food. Guess I'll have to make the Croatian Nut horns this year and send them to you. It finally got below 90+ yesterday. Yea! Thinking positive thoughts about you!!!! LOVE

nikkis30by30 said...

You are a woman after my own heart. Winter comfort foods rock my world!!!

Miss Brenna's prayers work. I have seen them in action. It's good to have her heart on your side!!! Lord, how I love that little girl!!! ;)

BIG HUGS!!