Saturday, October 13, 2007

Slow Going

I have been able to eat today, albeit just small amounts. I made myself sit up in a chair, rather than laying on the couch all day as has been my habit, until around three when I took a little nap. My biggest accomplishment today was emptying the dishwasher and loading the breakfast dishes. But hey, that is much improved over just laying on the couch!

My dear friend, Diane, ran errands for me today, which was greatly appreciate! She also brought me some tasty soup from Wheatfield's!

Mark and Greg were given tickets to the Husker game in Lincoln by our friends Dave and Judy - so they drove down to watch the team get spanked - royally. I think they still had a good time, though. :-)

My but this recovery is slow going. I know my doctor said to be patient - it would take a couple of months, but SURELY he was kidding! Right? Time will tell.

Thanks to all for your kind messages in emails, cards and blog comments. They are all appreciated!

2 comments:

Marcia & Mike said...

Jaeque,

Just a short note to say HI. Glad to see you were able to get out if even for just a short visit. Now I know why the BIG RED lost - Mark & Greg were there!!! I think there may be too many football tickets available in the near future. Oh well.

Talk with you later.

Marcia & Mike

Marcia & Mike said...

Jacque,

My BAD. Misspelled your name in the first posting. Sorry.

Mike