Monday, October 29, 2007

No Chemo

Well, it finally happened. I wasn't able to do chemo today because my platelets are too low. This means I have to wait until next week. I realize, in the big scheme of things, it is not so bad. I should be use to not making plans, etc. but this inability to make even small future plans does get old. If I were truly able to plan I would, as I type, be sitting on a beach in Naples, Florida with my hubby and friends. But that was not meant to be. Don't worry, I am not going into a pity party - just saying how things are.

So, while I didn't have chemo, I did have the premeds, which always perk me up for a bit and the Aredia (bone strengthener). This will be a good week to see what type of side effects the Aredia gives me since that is really all I received. Dr. S gave me a prescription laxative and changed my breakthrough pain meds a bit, so hopefully things will improve on that 'end' (sorry, couldn't help myself).

I am also retaining fluids big time and was mad at myself when I realized I stretched out a new pair of shoes on Friday night when we went out to eat. Does anyone know if a shoe repair shop can 'un-stretch' leather? Dr. S also tweaked my diuretic, so hopefully my ankles and toes will soon return to normal. I should be able to stay out of the cancer clinic this week since I didn't have my treatment, so not receiving IV fluids three times in a week will surely help, too.

Dear Krista, friend and PEO sis, is bringing dinner by tonight. What great timing. Right now I am to the point that just about anything sounds good, but getting it made and on the table can be daunting. Where is Aunt Bea when you need her?

6 comments:

Melanie D. said...

Bummer about the chemo. Maybe the timing is okay - you can just get some rest and let you body rebound a little? You are one amazing woman.

nikkis30by30 said...

Maybe not doing the chemo for a little bit will help you feel better for a bit so you can enjoy a little up time and sunshine!!! There is silver lining to every cloud.... or so I am told.

Hope you get to feeling better soon. Amazing.... yes.... you are amazing!!

BIG HUGS

Midwest Beach Girl said...

I totally understand the frustration of lack of scheduling. I hate not being able to know what to plan around. I just like to know what the big things are.

Once you are back up and running, you should come visit me in Tampa. It's not Naples (which is less than 3 hours away), but the beach is close!

Mimi in the Midwest said...

It feel odd to say I'm sorry you didn't get to have your chemo. I looked for a card for that but Hallmark failed to cover that event- maybe I should let them know they are missing an opportunity to make money.

Enough sarcasm! I hope you can get some time to refresh yourself for the next round.

Dear God, Please be with Jacque, we all want her to be well soon!! Amen

1anonymousmom said...

what's a PEO?
i miss Aunt Bea, too!
sorry you had to miss chemo, and sorry you're retaining water. that sux.
love from Houston

Rosebud said...

Hallmark card..
As the days go by the flowers grow...Open the card...So sorry you missed your chemo...