Monday, October 8, 2007

Chil's Baby Back Ribs

My second installment of new chemo is over. So far, I don't feel any worse for the wear. Tomorrow will probably be the telling day - but who knows? My dear friend and neighbor, Carol, picked me up after my chemo (Mark took me over his lunch hour) to take me home and I do appreciate her willingness to help out.

I got home in time for supper, which was baby back ribs from Chili's. I have been craving ribs and I knew tonight would be a good 'eatin' night because of the IV steroids I get before my treatment. I ate a half rack of ribs, cinnamon apples and a slice of banana bread my friend Lois dropped off earlier. My tummy was quite distended, but nice and full! I often wake up in the middle of the night because I am empty - I just can't seem to eat enough to make it through the night. Hopefully tonight I won't have that problem!

7 comments:

Rosebud said...

Baby back ribs sounds great...now that you've put that thought in my head, there goes my diet..hugs..rosebud

Midwest Beach Girl said...

Mmmm.....that's some good eating Jacque. I hope that you continue to do well.

Keenie said...

It's Canadian Thanksgiving here today but I could eat some ribs. Just not turkey ones . . .
Prayers and love coming your way,
Christine

Annette said...

BBQ ribs sound so good right now!! Although, I'm not complaining! The food here on the ship is excellent. Plus, you can eat just about any time. Rod calls the breakfast/lunch/dinner room the "grazing room!" You can almost hear the "mooing" in the background.
love and prayers
annette

1anonymousmom said...

hey girlie, so glad you enjoyed that meal! i like their southwestern eggrolls there.
the prayer was from Dodie Osteen's little booklet "Healed of Cancer". she was dx'd with stage 4 liver cancer, and prayed and believed God for a miracle, and she was healed. a friend of mine gave me the booklet after my dx, and i felt lke God was nudging me to pray that prayer on yr behalf.
much love,
terri

Anonymous said...

Hi Jacque! I'm so thrilled to read that things seem to be going well with the new tx. I had baked chicken yesterday. Sure it was good, but nothing compared to what those ribs must have tasted like. You continue to inspire me. :-) I shall have ribs for dinner this evening!

Continue to hang in there and focus on YOU. And thanks for taking the time to let the many who care know how you're doing.

HUGS!!
Olivia
(omlivewbc from bc.org)

Joyce said...

Glad you are feeling better and feel like eating again. We are going to the quilt fabric shops in Lancaster, PA tomorrow where all the Amish shops are. Hope I can find something Matt and Courtney will like.
Getting my hair & nails done Fri. while Sam and son are golfing. Mike is wearing his Navy dress whites for the wedding with his new captain stripes.
Keep your positive outlook...I AM!!! LOVE