Monday, October 22, 2007

Round Two

Round two of Carbo/Gemzar is done. As usual, today is a not so bad day. I have an IV anti-nausea med as well as a steroid before they start the chemo to hold back side effects. Tomorrow will be the telling day. Last round I ended up at the Cancer Center getting fluids (and unfortunately the hospital). They have me on the books for fluids tomorrow, and I can decide in the morning if I want to go in or not. I have learned that fluids are a GOOD thing and to not fight them. I try to drink bunches of fluids, but it just never seems to be enough.

My hips have been dealing me fits. I can't sit in my comfy chair right now, as it just irritates them. I have been trying all types of pain relief to no avail. Today I start the big guns - ocycontin. I am not thrilled, but I am tired of not being able to sleep. Hopefully I can get it under control and back off a bit. The nurses seemed to think I could.

Dear Lord, Please get me through this week of side effects as gently as possible. I also pray that the new pain med will help at it's lowest dose.
Lord, please direct these drugs to the cancer and lay your loving hands on me to heal me. I also pray for increased energy, return of my appetite and easier breathing.
Thank you Lord for all the caring people in my life. I am boundlessly blessed. Amen

5 comments:

Melanie D. said...

I just said the prayer right along with you. I'm praying that you are given a few steps forward, so that some strength may be restored.

Know how much you are loved.

I'm trying to give you some space to rest, but want to hover and dote.

Mimi in the Midwest said...

Ditto on the prayer......Amen & Amen

Rosebud said...

May the Lord lift you up in this time of need..always thinking of you! rosebud

Midwest Beach Girl said...

Dear Lord, I second Jacque on her prayer. Watch over her for she is one of your angels!

nikkis30by30 said...

An Angel. Straight from Him to us. Jacque, I hope you can feel the power of all of the prayers directed toward you and your healing. I, like OM, want to hover and dote and just make it better, but know that time, rest, and space are what will help you most. PLEASE do not hessitate to ask for help. You deserve to be waited on!!

Loved doesn't begin to cover it. We are ALL here for you!! He WILL help you. Take comfort in His strength!

So glad I can read up on you again. You have been weighing on my mind. Love you lots!!!

BIG, HEALING HUGS!!!!