Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Feeling Better?

People keep asking if I feel better and I have to stop myself from saying no. I want 'feeling better' to mean feeling like I did before all these liver and new chemo issues started. BUT - if I think back to last week on Tuesday - heck YES I feel better!

Today I spent the morning straightening the house as I had a house cleaner coming over to give me a bid. Mark had done a nice job of cleaning over the weekend, but there were piles of stuff here and there and of course I want the house cleaner to think we live exemplary lives :-). I would go through a stack and then lay down. Make the bed and then lay down. Do another stack and lay down. Now the house looks presentable (albeit dusty - Mark hates to dust) and I have a new house cleaner!

Tonight our friends, Lori and Jeff, are bringing us supper - so kind. After my busy day I am happy to not have to worry about coming up with something to eat! I can tell it will be an early to bed night. I tried to stay up till 9:00 last night, but just couldn't do it - I hit the hay by 8:30 and zonked right out. Then the dryer buzzed, the cat catterwalled and the phone rang - and you guessed it - the edge was gone and I couldn't get back to sleep for quite awhile. That's life.

4 comments:

Rosebud said...

Why do people have house cleaner if they clean the house before they get there? Why not just pay them when they knock on the door and send them on their way??..LOL This I'll never understand but I do know you deserve it so enjoy it! Glad you feel better..my prayers are with you..rosebud

Diane Muir said...

Hah ... you're such a nut ... cleaning before the cleaner gets there. NUTS!

Saw Mark at Zio's today. Staff thought we should take Dave & Doug out for Boss's Day. Yup ... spent a WHOLE $7.00 on Doug! {giggle}. Doug is a huge CAR fan ... he probably could have talked to Mark for hours about the car. You should have seen his eyes light up when Mark was telling him about it. Yikes!

Glad you have measurable improvement ... better will come!

1anonymousmom said...

girl, i have to tidy the house b4 the house cleaner comes every time.
i also regularly work a bit, then rest. Flylady says doing things in baby steps is the way to go!
love from houston,
terri

Melanie D. said...

I love FlyLady!

I hope you are feeling a little better every day. I don't like when you have these setbacks, but I must say you take them like a champ.

Sorry I haven't been a daily commenter. Now that I can only comment from home, it's lessened my ability to get one regularly. Things have been c-r-a-z-y, but I'm confident the fall break will help (I hope). I'm home with Brenna today, more of the stomach stuff that Mason had at the end of last week.

Talk to you soon.