Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Side Effects

My desire for easy side effects were dashed when I awoke at 2:30 this morning not feeling well. By 6:30 I was heaving and by 10:00 I was at my oncologists receiving fluids and anti-nausea medicines. My dear friend, Diane, drove me and then stopped and picked up my prescriptions and got some groceries for me. Thanks, Diane!

I do feel a bit better this afternoon, but it took some time for everything to kick in - but it did kick in.

Mark is back from his duck hunting trip to North Dakota. He got back around 4:00. He was feeling very guilty about being on his trip when I was feeling so poorly, but I told him I would have felt more guilty if he had missed his trip! It all worked out and he is home safe and sound. He had a great time.

4 comments:

Di said...

Jacque,
So glad the medicine finally kicked in. I just hated seeing you feeling so punk. Talk about a helpless feeling!!! Glad Mark is home safe and sound too.
Take care and NEVER hesitate to call me. That's what friends are for. love ya, di

Diane Muir said...

You know, that's the best thing about friends. You can count on them! It's hard to imagine how life happens without 'em. As for husbands ... they're there through so much of our garbage, eh? It's good for them to get away from the insanity, if even for a short time.

It stinks that you are dealing with the side effects. Blech! Praying, praying! And doggone it, I wish I paid closer attention to God. I was fully wide awake at 2:30 this morning, up until 4:00 am - had no idea I was supposed to be praying for you. God and I are going to have to work out some better cues! {giggle}

Melanie D. said...

It's time to lean on friends. Yeah? SO glad Diane could be there for you. So glad you are feeling "better".

nikkis30by30 said...

Glad you are feeling better. Also, very glad you have someone so great to count on in your time of need. Still hoping and praying that this is the magic dose. Keep us posted.

BIG BIG BIIIIGG HUGS!!!! ;)