Saturday, October 27, 2007

Wonderful Night

I had a wonderful night. Dear Lois, a friend from church dropped off a meatloaf dinner to be cooked when we like (we like tonight :-) - thanks Lois). Mark and I WENT TO DINNER at China Buffet - my first official outing in almost a month! I was hungry for crab legs and I can also do the Mongolian grill to control my salt intake (this is where you create your own stir fry dish and put what oils and sauces you want on it and they cook it to order). We then came home and Steve and Diane stopped by for a visit as did Greg! It was a nice evening.

Of course, things can't always be rosy. I awoke to a major case of constipation. It was a pretty wild morning - but I successfully birthed a baby (or so it seemed). I then had to wait while my body cleansed itself of all the laxatives, etc. I was freezing cold (96 degree temp) and pretty miserable. Mark and Carolyn nursed me through it and I am starting to get some zip back. Of course, this set my spine and hip off, so it is back on the narcotics - which got me here in the first place. I am going to be more proactive this time and have my ducks in order with the help of Carolyn's expertise. Yuck! A gal from my discussion boards has a drug she takes for her bone mets pain that I am going to run past Dr. S. It is worth a try!

Mark spent a busy morning taking care of me, cleaning house and doing yard work. He is presently 'watching' the Husker game with the cat on his lap, chair back in recline and eyes closed. Good for him!

6 comments:

Di said...

Jacque,
You have sure had some ups and downs these last 24 hours or so. We hope and pray that the pain is under control and that your plumbing is back in working order.
It was great to see you with so much pep on Friday night. Those steroids sure do the trick.
Take care and give a holler if I can help in ANY way. love ya, di

Joyce said...

Hope Mark doesn't have to clean again....Glad to hear you had one good day...I pray for many more. Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers...and a big thanks to Carolyn for all her help. Love to you both.

Midwest Beach Girl said...

I'm glad that you are surrounded by wonderful people to help you out! Hope that you continue to adjust to the new chemo and get back more of that zip!

1anonymousmom said...

glad the constipation is over!

love and prayers,
terri

Mimi in the Midwest said...

Constipation should be a four letter word. Getting over it is worth the unpleasantness of laxatives (did I actually say unpleasantness.........I can't write a the word I'm thinking of). Our bodies are an amazing creation.....Yeah, God! Thank You for giving us doctors who can help us when things go wrong.......Amen

slbair said...

Reading your note about the seafood reminded me of the time that you, Carol, and I dressed up and went to that fancy Seafood Buffet. We really thought we were hot stuff. I believe that was my first and last experience with raw oysters other than an oyster shooter here and there. What a sight we were with our chins glistening with butter from the lobster. It's a great memory!