Sunday, October 7, 2007

Race for the Cure

I slept like a log last night. I think I would have slept solidly through had the cat not knocked a basket off the dresser. But even with that, I used the restroom and slept until 6:00 this morning. Heavenly!

Today was Race for the Cure, and it is a tradition for the Brabecs, O'Connors and Nielsens to walk in it every year. Then we take turns making brunch for after the walk. I obviously didn't make it to the walk, but my family swung back and picked me up and took me to brunch at the Brabec's home. Chris planned, shopped and cooked the entire meal himself - it was delicious! I spent a lot of time in an easy chair, and listened more than talked, but it was great to be out and about doing normal things.

I am far from being back to where I was a few weeks ago, but I am home - and that is worth a million dollars. I am still not in a visiting mode- visiting just wears me out (I napped after this morning's excursion) so appreciate your understanding. I need to get through this next chemo and I have no idea how I will react to tomorrow's treatment. Love and blessings to you all.

5 comments:

Melanie D. said...

Love and blessings to you too!

I appreciate your honesty about visitors, you are so great about that.

Hugs from up the street!

Rosebud said...

I'm glad you're back from the hospital. Just take it easy now and recoup. Prayers for a speedy recovery..hus always..rosebud

JustAnotherDay said...

Jacque- it was sooo great to see you this weekend! As always, my family and I are thinking of you and praying for a speedy recovery :)

love- Courtney

1anonymousmom said...

O God, Our Father, Your Word says you are a very present help in the time of need. I come to you now on behalf of Jacque. I ask you, in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, to touch and heal Jacque.
Distance is no problem for you God. As I pray, i know You are there with her, as close as the very breath she breathes. I ask you to touch her body and heal here.
Cancer, I speak to you. Go from Jacque's body in the name of Jesus! I command you, cancerous cels, to wither and die at the roots in the Name of Jesus! Devil, I bind yr power in Jacque's life, and I permit healing to come to her now, in the name of Jesus.
Faither, I ask You to replace with new cells those that have been damaged by cancer. God, You can do that, because nothing is impossible for you. You are a God who cares, and we blv You will do it just because we have asked. You love us that much.
Father, may strength and wholeness come in to Jacque's body this very day. Thank you, Lord, for doing it.
In Jesus' name, Amen.

love from Houston.

Di said...

You made my day just being at the brunch. It was so wonderful to have you out of the hospital and home. I know your bed must have felt heavenly! Speaking of heavenly, we are sending prayers up many times a day for our dearest friend in the world!
love ya, di