Monday, July 2, 2007

AaaAaaaaAa Fib

Went to bed last night feeling totally exhausted - still running the 99.9 temp - but could NOT fall asleep. I felt wired, like a had drank a cup of coffee, but to my knowledge I did not have any caffeine yesterday. In retrospect (which is always so clear) I should have gotten up and taken my pulse. This morning I woke up to A Fib. Now, also in retrospect, I should have taken one of my recovery pills immediately, but I believed my blood pressure machine, which said my pulse was normal. I am not sure why I trusted that thing, since it is usually wrong when I am in A Fib because it doesn't know how to count the erratic heart beats. Long story short, I went to cardio rehab where they hooked me up to the monitor and my heart was beating 177, so I spent my hour there laying in a lazy boy chair, taking my recovery pills - which since I waited too long only took it down to 128 - which is better than 177, but still not good. Boy did I just have a long run on sentence! My heart finally calmed down at 1:00, which was towards the end of my treatment.

Before my treatment this morning I saw Dr. 'Doogie' (after waiting for an hour for him in his little exam room - very boring) and he was all smiles about my results. This just reinforced the 'happy place' I had been since last night after speaking with Dr. Silverberg. He prescribed an antibiotic to hopefully take care of whatever is causing the temp and the funk. The infusion went fine - I slept through most of it.

Matt just called and he is about an hour away from Omaha. It will be fun to have him home for a bit. He has offered to help out around the house, so I have been making a mental list of things he can do if he has time. This will probably be the last extended time he will be home as we are sure once law school starts he is going to be ultra busy - and then he will get married next summer. Rather bitter sweet.

4 comments:

nikkis30by30 said...

SUPER happy that all is well thus far with the chemo and all!!!
My dad has A fib. IT STINKS!!!! I hope that it's done for now!
Sad how I can, in a way, relate to everything I have read in your blogs because of what all of my family members have gone through. **sigh**
Hope this week goes well after your treatment. Keep us posted!!

Rosebud said...

Congrads...rosebud

Melanie D. said...

I'm glad Doogie reiterated the happiness, yay!

Also glad that your treatment went okay. I know it's probably getting old by now - but you are putting up one Hell of a fight! Woo hoo!!!

Unknown said...

Yeah! Glad to hear things worked out ok in the end with the "ticker". Hopefully, you have it mastered now.

Have a wonderful 4th of July!
Sharon