Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Luncheon

I had a lovely day. I attended the Luis Palau luncheon with five friends - thank you Martha for arranging our tickets. Dr. Palau was a wonderful speaker and I had no problem listening to his message of hope to women in all areas of spiritual need. I again encourage you to attend the festival this weekend at the Qwest Center. It is geared towards children and young people and I know that any one who attends will not be disappointed.

My PEO meeting was fun last night. 20 is usually our magic number of attendees, but last night there were 28! It is such a nice group of ladies.

Oreo started sneezing again this morning. Makes me think it must be allergies. Sigh. I hate to even think what we will have to do with an allergic cat. Hopefully not more steroid shots, as her weird behavior after the last one wasn't pleasant (wandering the house, yowling and 'talking'). The thought of giving her allergy pills isn't very pleasant, either! It's a good thing we like her......

I took a little cat nap when I got home from the luncheon and my stomach is growling smelling the BBQ pork roast I have slow cooking in the oven. The weather is absolutely gorgeous - hope you are enjoying it!

2 comments:

Diane Muir said...

I blame you. {grin}

I've been thinking about it since you mentioned it - so, tonight I insisted on Malara's. Yummy! Oh my, but I love their salad dressing. (hehe)

So cool that you got to hear Luis Palau today. So cool!

Melanie D. said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your day - a busy day!

I'll have to tell you about mine some time soon. This school year is starting to take shape.