Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Lots of Errands

Spent the day running errands with Matt. He drove, so that saved on my energy level a bunch. We took his car in to be serviced, went to Sam's to get their roasted chicken (if you have never had their chicken it is awesome. It is huge and costs under $5.00. We bought it to make enchiladas for tonight's supper. My friend Diane gave me the idea to buy extra ones to pick and freeze for later use, so there is one in the fridge waiting.), went to lunch, shopped for groceries, and ran to get my Neulasta shot. Then we spent the rest of the afternoon cooking and baking. Matt picked the chicken and made the enchiladas (he wanted to learn how to make them) and I baked Texas Sheetcake and Pumpkin bars for our 4th of July meal tomorrow.

Matt's fiance, Courtney, is on her way to spend the fourth with us. She will head back to DesMoines on Thursday morning (she took Thursday morning off from work). She had an interview in Minneapolis last week and has been called back for a second interview. We are hopeful that she will get a job soon so she can be up in Minneapolis with Matt.

Tomorrow will be the day that my body starts to break down from the chemo. I had such a mild reaction last time (in comparison) that I am hoping this time will be even better. I want to enjoy the fourth!

It is too bad that the fourth is in the middle of the week, but, because of leap year, it is on Friday in '08! Have a great day off and Happy Independence Day!

4 comments:

nikkis30by30 said...

Keep your chin up. Last time was better than normal, maybe, Lord willing, this time will be even better than that!!!

I am glad that Matt is there to help you cook and get things done so that hopefully you don't get so worn out and can have fun tomorrow. I love the 4th. The 4th, Thanksgiving, and Christmas are my favorite days of the year!

Here's wishing you and your family a VERY HAPPY 4th of July!!!

Melanie D. said...

Happy 4th my friend. Take care and let others take care of you tomorrow. I hope that the week flies by and the symptoms are few. I will talk to you next week.

Rosebud said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rosebud said...

I didn't spell check my last post and with chemo head..I HAVE TOO..LOL Happy 4th and I hope you have a great time with your family. If you have a chance could send me your Texas Sheet cake recipe..I would love it. I'm a cook (family) and that one I don't have...Thanks so much and have a GREAT DAY Rosebud