Monday, July 23, 2007

Happy Dance!

Today, I am doing the happy dance! My oncologist, is back after an extended health issue (he had to have a foot amputated) and it was so good to see him. He is quite the trooper - still in a wheelchair and hopping around on one leg to do the exam. Hopefully, for his sake, he will be getting around on his new prosthesis soon - it has to be exhausting to hop! Now, on to the happy dance! I had a lazy radiologist! The 'new' spots he reported on my last scan were actually the old ones from four years ago. Now, I would LOVE to give that guy thirty lashes with a wet noodle - but hey - I am THRILLED that they aren’t new spots! This means that my scans were ALL good news! Whew!

Yesterday was as I predicted. I didn’t leave the house once - unless you count when I went out in the street in front of our house to look at Mark and Steve’s new baby - a ‘70
Dodge Roadrunner in Viper Red. They went over to somewhere in Iowa yesterday - maybe three hours away - and drove her home. Mark was a big ball of sweat when he got home as there is no air conditioning in it and it was one hot day. He also had a horrible backache - he thinks from sitting for so long. But the car is a pretty thing. I will try to post pics sometime this week.


Chemo was very uneventful. In fact, other than the first hour and a half that I started reading the 7th Harry Potter book, I slept!

Yes, I am a Harry Potter fan. I love the books and I love the movies. Courtney and Matt are also fans and we didn’t see much of either one this weekend as they were holed up in their rooms reading. They both managed to finish it in two days. It will take me a couple of weeks to read as I usually only read at night - but I may use this week to read it since it is a ‘down’ time for me anyway. I am anxious to see how it ends - and, NO, I don’t want to know the outcome is until I read it! Greg wants to borrow my book when I am done, so that will be good incentive to get it done, too.

I have purposefully kept my week simple. I don’t have any plans and don’t intend to make any. Just rest and drinking lots of fluids. I hope you all have a much more exciting week planned!

5 comments:

Diane Muir said...

ok - hot diggety on having your oncologist back. Whew! Foot amputation? Wow ... that's a bit severe.

And as for Harry Potter, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! What a great week to have to sit quiet, drink fluids and do nothing but read. Wow!!!

Max and I are talking about classic cars - oh yah ... no A/C, this could be a problem!

nikkis30by30 said...

Oh Jacque!!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! Happy, literally, to the point of tears!! I am just so happy for you!!! That's all I can even say..... words can't tell you how elated I am for you and your family!! YAAYY!!

Yes, I was talking about Harry Potter with the girls' postings. I haven't read a single one. Not one. I am so ashamed. I am hoping to borrow Mel's the next time I am in Omaha so I can get on this bandwagon. Just started "The Good Mother" by Sue Miller. So far, it's a very good book. I will have to let you all know how well it turns out. I, like you, only have time to read at night, so it will be a while.

Again.... I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! Let's track down that radiologist!! ;)

Midwest Beach Girl said...

Wow! Here I thought I was just getting an update when I logged on! Good for you! I'm so excited to hear that for you. Keep on healing and take it easy!

Rosebud said...

I'm so happy for you dear. I thought about you all day yesterday! Congrad on the new car. Showing you car can be great fun and you meet all sorts of new people. my other blog site may be something you'd like to look at..www.roadrodz.blogspot.com rosebud

Melanie D. said...

Read and sleep, read and sleep. A peaceful week is in order!

I'm so glad about your scans, I can just see your dance. Hey, hey! Hey, hey!