Thursday, July 5, 2007

Jazz on the Green

Day four after chemo is pretty typical - but not horrible. I am mostly tired and a bit achy. There is still soreness in my neck and shoulders, a restless ache in my legs and I am a bit foggy in the brain. I get hungry - but food doesn't sound good, or particularly taste good, so I just eat because I know I need to.

Kitty Oreo is still sneezing and the vet can't see her until tomorrow. We locked her out of our bedroom last night so she wouldn't wake us up with her sneezes. I am sure she was quite unhappy about that - she is a people kitty. Today she seems fine (other than the occasional sneeze) - she has been chasing a fly off and on the last hour.

Tonight is the first night of Jazz on the Green. This is held on the lawn of the Joslyn Art Museum in downtown Omaha. People bring chairs, coolers, and food and enjoy the atmosphere and the music. I am hoping to be able to go, but I won't make that call until later this afternoon. It will depend on whether my body will let me take a little rest or not this afternoon.

2 comments:

nikkis30by30 said...

Hang in there, Jacque. You can do this. Keep fighting!! I can't imagine the feeling of having poison going through your body every so many weeks. Just keep telling yourself it's working. State of mind is a big part of the battle!

I hope that you got to go to Jazz on the Green. I haven't ever been, but I have been told it's wonderful!

Stephanie said...

Hi Jacque-
Glad to here you're doing better. Thank you for your prayers as well. You're my hero! God is able, Stephanie