Saturday, July 7, 2007

It's Saturday Night

I woke up feeling pretty decent. Matt and I ran a couple of errands and I started to feel a bit peaked. Decided I might have a yeast infection, brought on by the antibiotics, so stopped and got a prescription filled to get rid of that. I now feel OK - just really tired - which seems to be the story of my life on chemo.

Tonight Mark and I are going to the Riverfront Jazz Festival. We are meeting friends for supper at Malara's before we all head to the concert. It is extremely HOT today, so it will be a bit steamy to be sitting outside at a concert, but hopefully we can find a shady spot. I love these concerts - and it is such a great people watching evening - one of my favorite past times. Some people come dressed to this to the NINES - gals with high heels and beautiful dresses, guys with straw hats and suits, while others come looking like they are going to the county fair - or worse - walking the street looking for business (sorry - but it is true). All in all, a very satisfying place for a people watcher. Everyone is usually very pleasant and friendly, so it makes for a nice evening.

2 comments:

Diane Muir said...

Malara's? Malara's? Ok ... that is probably my favorite restaurant. Love that garlic salad dressing ... lots of garlic. And I'm totally addicted to the homemade pasta. Wheee!!!!!

nikkis30by30 said...

I am such a people watcher!! I LOVE events like that where I can just sit and watch the people. I get to the point that I forget about the concert or whatever we are there for because I get so busy watching everyone. That's one reason it takes me so long to get my Christmas shopping done! I got sit at the mall and watch everyone else! LOL!!