Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Harry Potter


Harry Potter. This book has basically been my day. I went to cardio rehab then came home to read. Unfortunately, I am prone to getting sleepy when I read, so my day was read, nap, read, nap. I am now half way through the book. It has been a good read - but I am anxious to be done with it. I hate the suspense.
Today is the day my side effects from chemo start to kick in, and so far it hasn't been too bad - just tired and a little achy - along with the bleeding nose and scalded-like skin on my hands. I am experimenting with my Neulasta shot. I had them give it to me in the stomach rather than my arm. I am in the hopes it will cause less pain in my neck and shoulders. So far it seems to have helped - time will tell. I am also taking supplements that I read about on my discussion boards that are suppose to help with the neuropathy - L-glutimine and folic acid. I asked my onc about it and he said they haven't been proven to help, but they wouldn't hurt anything, so to go ahead and try them. Again - time will tell.
Not much else going on. Even after my many naps today I am bushed. I haven't been sleeping solidly through the night lately, so I am sure this contributes to my being tired - and lets face it, chemo has a lot to do with it, too. Hopefully all my little snoozes won't interfere with getting a good nights sleep tonight. Wishing you all a lovely night's rest.

3 comments:

Melanie D. said...

I hope you get a great night's sleep! (With no Harry dreams, like I've been having)

I've just started Year 5. The books just keep getting LONGER! So...is the book you are reading yours? If so, may I borrow it when you've finished? All of my copies thus far are paperback and I hate to have all paperback and one hard copy. So I'm looking to borrow from someone. It would take me a week or so to finish. And I can wait until you're done with it. Let me know.

Talk to ya soon.

Rosebud said...

I know about being tired! I'm still suffering the effects of chemo 3 weeks out. I haven't had a solid nights sleep since this all started. Here's to us some day sleep through the night..

nikkis30by30 said...

I still haven't started book 1!!! I'm a loser!!!