Tuesday, July 24, 2007

More Pictures!


More pictures! Chris sent pictures from our trip to Minneapolis and I snapped pics of Mark and Steve with their new baby - so here we go!

Dave Koz playing over David Benoit's shoulder -Chris didn't use a zoom on this-we were this close!


Pianist, David Benoit.


Kelly Sweet - a new recording artist - with Dave Koz.


Dave Koz's new CD has a movie theme. He is dressed in Casablanca style and played As Time Goes By.


This final pic has Dave dressed as Austin Powers and a very pretty -TALL - gal dancing to the theme song from the movie. This concert was awesome - he is a real showman and there wasn't a dull moment.


Now for the new baby - a 1970 Viper Red, Dodge Roadrunner. Mark took me on a spin in it last night and I gave a squeal when we got on the interstate and he shifted gears. Oh - My - Goodness! As we left our house and were cruising down Harrison Street, the SUV next to us slowed down and kept pace with us. I finally looked up and the guy gave me a nod and a thumbs up. Later, as we were looking for an open Dairy Queen (all the ones near us had closed for a company picnic), the same thing happened with a bunch of teen guys. Their windows were open, like ours, and they shouted 'Pop it! Pop it!' I had no idea what they meant so I smiled and turned to Mark to relay the message - Mark just smiled. I guess popping it means popping the clutch and revving it. Who knew? While looking for a DQ we went by Steve's office and his car was there. We ended up hooking up with he and his daughter, Kaitlin, at Brewsky's. Matt met us, too. We parked the car WAY out in the parking lot and then sat on the patio so we could see it. It drew a number of people who walked or drove by to check it out. Pretty cool Here are the pics from the Brewseky's parking lot:

Mark & Steve

Mark & Steve

I am feeling pretty good today, albeit a bit tired. I had trouble falling asleep last night - I am sure due to a combination of my huge nap during my chemo treatment and the steroids they gave me. Then I woke up at 4:45 and couldn't fall back to sleep. I may kick back in a bit and take a little nap. I have to go in to have my Neulasta shot this afternoon and I just HATE it but it keeps me from having low blood counts, so I will endure it. Sigh. Enough whining. So far I have managed to fritter away the entire morning with out reading my book. Maybe after my nap, shot, and groceries I can find some time.

4 comments:

nikkis30by30 said...

I keep looking for time for my book too. It doesn't seem to be working today. Oh well maybe tonight.

LOVE THE CAR!!!! I love older cars. I mean it. Car shows are one of my hidden pasttimes. I LOVE CARS!!! Thanks for sharing the photos!

Melanie D. said...

I love that car. Really cool.

Seems like you're having a pretty fun summer, considering what a crappy year it started out to be!

Hope that chemo symptoms pass quickly this time and that the neuropathy is mild (non-existent would be fine).

Talk to you soon.

Diane Muir said...

Sweet car! The only problem ... Max is AGAIN talking about his '62 Impala right now. I thought we had put that away. Darn. I blame Mark! And as I'm sitting here, Max is running down the add-ons for a '70 Roadrunner. Sheesh. Geek boys and their toys!

David Benoit & Dave Koz? I've been listening to those guys since the 80s ... I hate to admit it's been that long. Yikes.

Read, read, read!!! I can't wait to hear what you have to say about it. I was reading today that people are really being careful about revealing the secrets. That's cool.

Midwest Beach Girl said...

Ooohhh....Very nice! I bet you feel like a high school girl again in that car! I would! (I wasn't in high school then, but something about those classic cars makes everyone feel like they are back in high school, don't they?)