Sunday, July 8, 2007

It is HOT HOT HOT

It is HOT outside. Yikes!

The concert on the Riverfront last night was pleasant, but not nearly as good as last year's. The artists just weren't the same caliber (in our opinion), the crowd was not as big - and in all, a bit disappointing. It was still good people watching, even though the heat toned down some of the fancy dressers. Saw lots of sharp outfits as well as loads of 'what were you thinking?'.

While we were at the concert, Matt cleaned the carpet in the living room and our bedroom. Thanks, Matt! He is presently going through some of his 'treasures' in the storage room. As a kid, he collected sports cards and sports paraphernalia. He has Wheaties boxes, figurines, etc. Add to that newspapers from special days (the whole newspaper - not just the story), old Boy Scout magazines, etc. and he has quite a stash. I told him he doesn't have to take all his treasures with him, yet, but to just whittle some of it down!

Today is a lazy day. Church and grocery store shopping was about all I could handle. I am having some intestinal issues this afternoon, so I will just be lazy and hope tomorrow is a perkier day.

4 comments:

JustAnotherDay said...

ohhh, Matt and his collections... maybe you could give him a trash can while he is down there! ;)

It was great to see you over the holiday! See you on Friday in MN!

Courtney

Rosebud said...

My daughter has a collection too but it's hard for me to part with..rosebud

nikkis30by30 said...

My mom made me bring all of my "treasures" home to my house when they moved from our childhood home in South Central Nebraska to Omaha. You should see the mound in my basement that has needed to be gone through for over 5 years now!! Whew!

Melanie D. said...

I'm baack!!!

When I was getting married, my mom loaded up my car and said it was time for my stuff to go home with me. I have downsized it considerably and Jay still thinks it's too much (maybe two totes total).