Wednesday, July 4, 2007

God Bless the USA

Mark is off watching the Ralston parade, Matt and Courtney are napping and Greg is at Jaimie's parent's. I am trying to rest/nap so I can be perky tonight, but as usual, when I WANT to nap, I can't. Oh well. I am feeling my normal day three punk - sore skin on shoulders and neck, chapped sensation on hands and thighs, achiness and tired. But I have gone to the store today, made a big fruit salad and cleaned up the kitchen - twice - so the day is not a lost cause. We are all converging at our friends the O'Connors later this afternoon for food and fun.

I hear life upstairs, so Matt and Courtney are awake. They are going to make bruschetta (one of my FAVORITE appetizers) to take to our festivities tonight. Yum!

Kitty Oreo has been sneezing up a storm since the middle of last night. Cats, I realize, are a lot like children. They wait for a day when the vets is closed to get sick - how is it they know these things?

Hope you are all having a great day!

No comments: