Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Special Honor

A blogger friend, Gina, has honored me with a Blogger Reflection Award. Gina is a beautiful, young breast cancer survivor who is presently being treated a second time for a different (not reoccurring) breast cancer diagnosis. She writes so intelligently and has wonderful insight into the whole horrible process we go through to kill the beast .
Thank you, Gina, for this honor.
First, here are the award details:

This award should make you reflect on five bloggers who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way, and have been a Godly example to you. Five Bloggers who, when you reflect on them you get a sense of pride and joy… of knowing them and being blessed by them.
Here are the rules:

1. Copy this set of rules.
2. Reflect on five bloggers and write a least a paragraph about each one.
3. Make sure you link this post so others can read it and the rules.
4. Go leave your chosen bloggers a comment and let them know they’ve been given the award.
5. Put the award icon on your site.

I have many people's blogs that have been a comfort and encouragement, so this is difficult. But, I will stick with the rules and only pick five.

I met Stephanie on the bc.org discussion boards. Stephanie is a constant encouragement and radiates God's love and steadfastness. She has been dealing with her father's recent diagnosis of cancer along with her own metastatic breast cancer disease. I know we would be friends if we lived in the same city. Gina nominated Stephanie, too, but I think she deserves double awards.

Stephanie with her handsome twin sons

Terri is a Houston belle who has entertained me greatly as she has gone through her chemo treatments. She is a playwright and her creativity and humor shines through her posts. Her deep faith is evident in her responses to people on bc.org and her tilt towards silliness is a breath of fresh air.

Terri - Reading 'Hair Preview 2008'

Rosebud is a sweet, funny woman, who has managed to get through all of her breast cancer treatments with much grace. She has not allowed her chemo or radiation treatments to slow her down or interrupt her life - she enjoys every moment. Today was her last radiation treatment - she is officially done. Congratulations, Rosebud!


Rosebud going 'commando'

Annette is an Omaha friend, and has a different health cross that she carries. She has Pulmonary Hypertension, a rare disease, that quickly robs it's victims of the air needed to sustain life. Annette has valiantly walked hand in hand with this disease while maintaining her optimistic outlook through many ups and downs. She is such a wonderful role model for a life well led in spite of diversity.


Annette with her husband


Melanie was my lifesaving coworker last year and is now my friend. Her blog is a reflection of today's young working moms. It is both poignant and fun - and allows me to reminisce about a sweet and lovely (albeit hectic) time of my life. It was Melanie that convinced me to start my blog, and for that I am very grateful.


Melanie and family

Those are my five. I know some of you (Diane) are sighing with relief that you don't have to think of five people to nominate, but that doesn't mean that I don't value your contribution to my blogging world. I so appreciate you all.

8 comments:

Rosebud said...

I don't check your blog for a few dyas and POOF..there's tons to read. I'm glad your feeling better and going out and about. You're a dear one that's for sure..rosebud

Midwest Beach Girl said...

Wonderful reflections. I think perhaps I need to jump on the bandwagon. With Mel's summer reflection and this addition, I'll have to think about what I can post about. You are an inspiration and I'm glad that someone has recognized you officially in an unofficial way!!!

Annette said...

Thank you so very much for your special gift. You give me way too much credit, my friend. Thank you so, so much.
much love
annette

Melanie D. said...

Awwww...love that you added pictures. Thanks for the nod. You are too kind.

I'm glad you blog - even though I don't see you every day any more, I feel like I do.

Keep on keepin' on lady!

Di said...

What a well deserved award. I too read your blog every day, even though we sometimes talk on the phone 5 times a day!!! I love your attitude towards life in general. You are so special to our family. How lucky I feel to call you my friend. hugs, di

1anonymousmom said...

Thanks! That is so sweet! You are an inspiration to me, sweetie!

Diane Muir said...

You're right ... whew! But, you do have some amazing blogger friends on here and congratulations on your own nomination. You have a terrific attitude about the weird things that happen in your life and I so appreciate the genuine way that you share your life with us!

Stephanie said...

Jacque-
Thank you for nominating. You are such an encouragement to me. You're right, if we were in the same city were would be best friends meeting in the city for Frappuccino's and muffin tops. I read the latest developments about your Mom. Doctors! I pray that God orders your steps to the surgeon who can help her. God is able, Stephanie