Sunday, July 15, 2007

I Am Cheap

Sorry I have been absent for the past few days. The reason I haven't posted is because I am cheap. Mark and I went to Minneapolis over the the weekend with our travel buddie couples - the O'Connors and Brabecs to go to a Dave Koz concert. I took my laptop along fully expecting to write my blog at least a couple of times while we were gone. BUT the lovely three star, four diamond hotel we stayed in (the Soffitel) makes you pay $10 bucks for internet!!!!!! Ridiculous! Sorry if I worried anyone - I could just think of many ways to spend that $10.00!

Minneapolis was great fun - lots of good food, shopping, music and friends. We went to IKEA (a mega mall of affordable items for the home) and Mall of America. I learned how to 'make' eyebrows and eyelashes at Sephora since mine are slowly biting the dust. We all found items to purchase from shoes to shirts, candles to makeup. We pigged out at Fogo De Chao (a meat lover's paradise) and had a low key dinner at a nice local restaurant called the Copper Bleu.

This morning we left the Brabec's and O'Connors at the hotel (we drove seperately) and went to see Matt and Courtney's new digs-to-be near St. Paul. You might recall that they are going to live in Courtney's aunt and uncle's home as they are out of the country for the next four years. The house is beautiful and huge. We teased them about what a let down it will be when they have to move out and face reality of what a freshly graduated law student and art director can afford. We also saw William Mitchell School of law where Matt will be attending this fall. It was a lovely building - hopefully next time we visit we can see the inside, too.

On the way home from Minneapolis I slept pretty solid until we got to DesMoines (about a 4 hour trip) and this is after I had a good night's sleep. I feel like I could go to bed right now, but I am trying to stay up to watch John from Cinncinati - a weird show on HBO that Mark and I got hooked on. Hopefully, since I got so much rest today, tomorrow will be just a normal day for me and I won't need any more catch up time.

3 comments:

nikkis30by30 said...

I am so glad to see that you are ok!! I even told Mel to call you and make sure you were alright since you hadn't posted in so long! It's so sick, but it's reality! I was so worried!!!

Glad to hear you had a nice trip. Someday when my kids are grown, I will be posting the same things.

Melanie D. said...

:-) I was thinking you must be on a trip and detoxing computer time. Well - I'm glad you had fun. I've always wanted to see IKEA. Shopping is a favorite activity of mine - sounds like my kind of trip!

Rosebud said...

Are you sure you're not Dutch like me..LOL rosebud