Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Much Perkier!

I am MUCH perkier today! I got up early and used the cool hours of the morning to dead head my deck's potted plants and the roses. I couldn't believe how lovely it was outside. My neighbor's tree gave me wonderful shade and the birds were chirping away. It really was beautiful. Now it is very toasty outside - hard to believe it is the same day!

I went to lunch with friends Lynne and Annette at the Market Basket. I have to say, I was disappointed in my meal. I ordered a grilled crab sandwich, which according to the menu was a 'delicacy' of this restaurant. I did not enjoy it at all - only ate half of it and that only because I was so darn hungry - and found the homemade potato chips rather soggy and tasteless. But, the company was good and that more than made up for it.

I left lunch and headed to Cupcake Island - a cute little bakery that only makes cupcakes! Last week at my PEO meeting we were served mini cupcakes from there and they were so cute and tasty. I was just going to order cupcakes for a luncheon I am giving this Thursday to pick up another day, but the gal said I could just put them in the fridge and they would be fine, so decided to save myself a trip and went ahead and bought them! I am going to copy the centerpieces from the Luis Palau luncheon - the site used a clear plate on the bottom, a glass in the center with a flower in it, a glass plate on top of that and then filled the plates with cupcakes. I will try to remember to take a picture so you can see what I mean - a bit hard to explain.

It is so nice to want to do things. I am a little tired this afternoon, but nothing like the last two days. Such a good sign! This Monday is my next chemo, so I want to get as much done and enjoy myself as much as possible!

Stay cool!

3 comments:

Melanie D. said...

So excited to see you Thursday!!! I miss you!

nikkis30by30 said...

I am so glad that you are back to perky! Just remember not to overdo it! Can't wait to see the pictures from Thursday.

I need to start getting up before the kids again so that I can get some of these little things done in the cooler hours of the day. It's so HOT! UGH!! I'm seriously thinking of getting a summer home in the Artic!!! LOL!

Diane Muir said...

Yah ... that heat ... about that! Max, can we move to northern Minnesota? I always liked Rhoda's comment (Mary Tyler Moore show) when asked why she stayed in Minnesota. "I keep better". I'm with her on that one. And, I think you're a bit nuts. I'm always up at early morning hours to let the dog out. It's not beautiful. It's still muggy. You're a bit twisted! {grin}