Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Bouncing Back

Today has been a fairly productive day. Went to cardiac rehab and found out I have 11 more visits before I 'graduate'. Part of me says 'hooray!' since exercising isn't my first choice of past time, while the other part of me is nervous that I will back slide and lose the strength, etc. I have gained. I am going to have to come up with some type of routine that will keep me at it - good luck with that (I say to myself).

I came home and had an over two hour conversation with my friend, Melanie over the phone. A lot of it was about starting the school year, and some of it was about fun things (like Harry Potter and Whoopie Goldberg hosting The View). Melanie has quite a challenging year in front of her, so I wish her well!

Next I plowed through some paperwork I had been putting off and wrote a thank you note to my friend Ricki, who sent me a beautiful book called 'What Cancer Can Not Do'. Intriguing title, don't you think?

A couple of phone calls to my friend Diane, a few emails, a trip to the grocery store and it is now 4:15. Where did the day go?

I had my kazillionth bladder infection start yesterday (probably why I was having trouble bouncing back), but feel better today after a couple doses of antibiotics. Thank the Lord for antibiotics. I couldn't imagine having to just grin and bear - as it is unbearable!

2 comments:

Midwest Beach Girl said...

Ugh. I hate those infections. One of those things that the title for some reason does not convey the agony. Glad to hear you are bouncing back from it.

Melanie D. said...

Thanks for the ear today. I really felt better after we talked and ended up staying until 2, just cleaning out paper and paper and paper.

It's going to be a fun year, just a whole lot to do!!!

Talk to you soon. ~Melanie