Thursday, August 2, 2007

Tuesdays & Thursdays

I like Tuesdays and Thursdays. They are the days I don't HAVE to get up at 6:10 in order to get ready for my cardio class. They are the mornings I can leave my PJ's on as long as I'd like while I putter around. These are the mornings I can enjoy a cup of decaf coffee or decaf tea while checking my email, discussion board and blogs. I do like Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Speaking of tea, Matt's fiance, Courtney, gave me a tea mug and diffuser. Matt had one and I asked about it, so she brought me one with some tea from her favorite tea shop in Des Moines, Gong Fu Tea. The mug has a diffuser with a ceramic holder that fits neatly in the mug and a lid that you can set the diffuser on when you are done. It is very cool. Here is a picture of it from off the web.

Courtney gave me the white one, which is perfect, as my dishes are white. Thanks, Courtney!

Matt was lamenting the fact that he and Courtney had just begun to settle in to Des Moines and had found favorite places, like Gung Fu Tea, and a bakery that makes great focacia bread, the Farmers Market, and a fun, inexpensive after work hangout- and now they are starting over in Minneapolis/St. Paul. I know he is excited about the move, but there are always things you hate to leave behind. He leaves tomorrow for Des Moines and Mark will follow on Saturday with his things he has here at home. Courtney's parents will haul all the items from Des Moines to Minneapolis in a UHaul. This will save Mark from having to drive the 6 hours up and back. Thanks Faith and Tracy!

Carolyn baked a batch of chocolate chip cookies for Greg a few days ago, and he keeps forgetting to stop by and pick them up. Mark and Matt have been attacking them, so if he doesn't get here soon they will be gone! She now has also baked a batch for Matt to take with him, but they are hard for the guys to resist - so I am not sure how many will actually make it to Des Moines!

Greg's girlfriend, Jaimie, is in Korea. She left last Sunday. Hopefully she is enjoying the convention and seeing the land of her ancestors. This is quite an adventure for a twenty year old!

I have an appointment with Dr. Thommi, my pulmonologist, this afternoon. It is just a check up, but I am anxious to hear what he has to say. I will post again later, after my appointment.

2 comments:

Midwest Beach Girl said...

I'm really getting into specialty teas and coffee. A guy I used to work with was a big tea drinker who special ordered to really different teas! If you want to try something different, go for puer (Poo-ayr). They leave some moisture in it so it ferments a little. (If you are a farm kid, it smells like musty hay. Doesn't sound extremely appetizing, but since I like earthy flavored coffee and it smelled like home, I kinda liked it!) Just in case you are feeling adventurous.......

Melanie D. said...

Hey Jacque good luck at Dr. Thommi's. I hope that someone has baked some cookies for you? Or shall I get a batch going???