Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Getting Organized

Hmmmmm - another Tuesday with nothing I have to do. So nice. I spent the morning putzing around, cleaning out drawers and cupboards in our bedroom. It had gotten to the point I was having trouble closing one of the built in cupboard doors, so thought it was time. Carolyn's cat, Maggie, has discovered my overflow of scarves from the basket I store them in and it is now her favorite place to catnap. While mucking out the cupboards I found a crocheted square that Carolyn had made for our now deceased cat, Puff, to sleep on, so laid that on the dresser where the scarves were so she had someplace to nap (and shed) besides my scarves. :-) She is one happy kitty.

I discovered all kinds of treasures during my straightening spree. It is amazing what one shoves in drawers to get them out of the way. Books, head sets, an old cell phone and all it's equipment, my lost number 6 Harry Potter book and a dust jacket to another. I even found a PEO item I have been looking for (yes, Diane, I found it), along with an old camera, many mismatched socks, adapters to who knows what - the list goes on. Needless to say, I have one large plastic garbage liner ready for the trash and another ready for the good will.

My friend Melanie has inspired me on her blog to plan out some meals for the week instead of all the sudden thinking 'Oh, it's four o'clock - what should I make for dinner?', then running to the grocery store. Hopefully I can even think ahead to next week for after treatment when I REALLY don't feel like cooking or shopping and have a plan for that, too. So, with that in mind, I bid you adieu. I need to make my meal plan and grocery list!

1 comment:

Melanie D. said...

I have your HP #7 to get back to you. Some day. :-)

I love digging through old stuff - it feels so good to clean out spaces!