Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Moon

Today is going to be filled with appointments (eye doc and dentist) so thought I would blog early. I am hoping the opthomologist will be able to provide me with something to counteract the dryness caused by the chemo. Many times when I blink, my eye lid gets stuck and I end up having this weird sensation of lids that don't reopen at the same time. I worry that someone will think I am winking at them!

Did you see the moon last night? I was hugenormous! I had stopped at Shadow Lake Towne Center last night around 8:00 to run in a store quickly to grab something. As I pulled onto 72nd street the moon was hanging just above the field across the street. I swear it was the largest moon I had ever seen. It almost looked like you could have reached out and touched it. I had heard on the radio earlier in the day that there was going to be a complete eclipse of the moon - so perhaps this had something to do with how close it was to the earth, etc. Wow, was it beautiful. I wish I would have had my camera!

Last night I met Diane and her friend Denise for dinner at LaMesa. Diane and Denise met while doing chemo - they both are breast cancer survivors - and have continued their friendship, meeting every so often to catch up with each other. Denise wanted to meet me, so last night was the night! Her daughter is getting married in April, so we had more in common than just our similar health histories. It was a fun evening and it was great getting to know her.

Tomorrow is my last cardiac rehab day! I have to say I am a bit excited for it to be over. The only problem is, now I have to continue making sure I get a consistent cardio vascular workout on my own.

4 comments:

nikkis30by30 said...

I know it isn't funny, but I can picture your eyes doing like a lizard can where they blink at different times. I hope they find something that will help you a little. If they can come up with a drug like chemo, you'd think they'd have something that would help with a smaller problem like dry eyes!!

Went to the dr today for my stupid feet. Supposedly it's getting better.... just not fast enough for my liking!!! UGH!!

Hope that you have a FANTASTIC day!! ~~HUGS!~~

Diane Muir said...

I've had mornings (when I was sick with a bad cold) that one eye stuck closed until I worked at it. Very weird feeling. I can't imagine having that happen regularly! (hehe)

No more cardio rehab? You're going to have extra time in your week now! Just think of all the things you can do with that time!

Much more, much more blogging! (hehe)

Melanie D. said...

I still need to try LaMesa. Now I'm craving mexican food! At 7 in the morning...

Denise H said...

Hey Jacque,
I was just reading about the moon and you will never believe it but I woke up around 4:10 AM and watch the Lunar Eclipse. It took about 50 minutes before it the earth's shadow totally covered it. It was a sight to see. I enjoyed dinner and the conversation. I am sure you have tried every eye drop out there for the dry eyes. When I had the dry eyes I used Refresh Liquegel by Allergan. Give it a shot if you want. I hope you find some relief soon. Take care and God Bless, Denise