Friday, August 3, 2007

Bright Future

Matt is headed for Minneapolis by way of DesMoines. We met Greg downtown at Jazz Kitchen and had supper as a family one last time before the big move. Matt drove separately and had his car loaded and ready and is now on I-80, headed into his bright future. Mark will head to DesMoines in the morning with the bigger items he is taking, and then he, Courtney and her parents will take the last leg up to Minnesota. I am happy for him, but sad at the same time. Few will be the visits home now that his law school is about to begin. It will seem odd having him six hours away instead of just two. Ah well, time marches on.....

I managed to deliver Greg's cookies to him tonight. There was only one ziplock bag instead of two, but that is what he gets for not coming over to grab them. Matt went home with only one bag, too, as he and Mark demolished his second one. Last night I decided to try to make some semi-healthy cookies for myself since chocolate doesn't agree with me. I used a light, heart healthy margarine and half egg beaters, half eggs. When I had it all whipped up I had batter instead of dough, so ended up making bars. They aren't too bad - but definitely not chocolate chip cookies!

My sister-in-law Janet, my nephew Ryan, and niece Tory came for a visit today. I wasn't expecting Ryan to come as he and his brother, Eric, were suppose to be at camp, so he surprised me! But what REALLY surprised me is how much he has grown since I last saw him in April! He is going into the 7th grade and is 6'2"!!! He has slimmed way down and I think I would have walked past him with out recognizing him if I'd met him on the street. Tory has grown a bunch, too, but not as drastically as Ryan! They are two good looking kids, that is for sure.

Matt joined us for lunch at Red Robin at Shadow Lake and then he headed home to pack while the rest of us shopped. On the trip to the restaurant Tory asked to ride with Matt in his car and she talked his leg off (she is going into the third grade). Matt isn't use to little kids, but I am sure he was flattered that Tory took a liking to him.

It is almost bedtime and I am tired. It has been a busy day and I have a busy weekend ahead. Good night everyone.

2 comments:

Diane Muir said...

No chocolate chip cookies for you? Of all the things you have to deal with - that's pretty awful! {grin}.

Wow ... I'm betting it's going to be weird having to re-learn living without Matt hanging around. It's a whole new life for you and Mark. Trips up north for you, though. That will be fun!

Melanie D. said...

I can't imagine watching your boy pack up to go to law school. And to realize he is a man. You handle everything with such grace, I think I would cry puddles for a bit.

How was Shadow Lake? Anything I should go check out??? They're having some teacher appreciation thing, I think on Sunday. But I'm pretty sure I won't go. I think I need to quit shopping for a bit, my Mastercard is still smoking!

Have a good and restful Sunday. And God Bless.