Friday, August 10, 2007

Ribfest

Last night I got to experience A Fib once again. We were in Lincoln at the Ribfest in the sweltering heat. I am pretty sure I just over taxed my system. Everyone else was dripping sweat and I looked cool as a cucumber = not a good thing I realize now. The A Fib only lasted a few hours, with the help of my meds, so that is good. The Ribfest was great - even with the heat and heart problems. Every year we attend with my brother, Bert, and his wife, Janet. It is 'tradition!' (tradition!). As is also our tradition, Janet and I bought lotto tickets. I don't usually gamble, not because of any convictions, just because I am cheap. Anyway - I bought $10.00 worth of tickets, won $7.00 back plus got a spin on the prize wheel and won a rucksack - kind of a glorified duffle bag. All in all it was a successful trip.

My day has been non-descript. I went to Cardio rehab, came home and visited my blog friends and discussion board and kicked back for just a bit. This afternoon I tackled the kitchen and eating area's floor. I like to clean the floors on my hands and knees - it is just SO much cleaner that way. It took me a little longer than normal, but I managed to get it done. I did a quick vacuum of the living room and hallway and I feel like I have accomplished something today!

My friend, Lynne, is stopping by in a bit to drop off some paperbacks and to look through my stack of books to see if she wants to read any of them. Monday is my 8th chemo (yuck) so I need some good reading materials for my week of recovery. I am hoping that after my 9th chemo Dr. Silverberg will order more scans to make sure my chemo is still working. I feel like it is, but it is always nice to have that reassurance. Plus, if the scan shows improvement, it gives me hope that one of these months (years?) I can get off this harsh chemo and move on to something less toxic. If you are wanting a specific prayer for me - heading towards a long remission would be awesome!

3 comments:

Midwest Beach Girl said...

Finally! I was so sure that no one else but me and my mother cleaned floors without mops. I have never owned one and never will. Nice to know we have that in common, too! Oh, and I finally looked at that link you posted for the local artist. Now I am saving up for something else!

Stephanie said...

God loves specfic prayers. Here'a prayer:
Great Physician, we ask for the healing of body, mind and spirit for Jacque. Reveal any hindrances to this healing and give her courage to trust in your Divine generosity and friendship. We give you thanks for hearing our prayer. Amen.
God is able, Stephanie

Melanie D. said...

My mom won't use my Swiffer Vac. Nope, only hands and knees. My kitchen floor is rarly clean, so anything is better than that! Jacque, do you use a gardening cushion or something? I can't imagine your knees taking that kneeling!

Take care - I'll be praying and praying about that treatment stuff.