Friday, August 24, 2007

Unexpected Lunch Out

I went to Cardio Rehab this morning (my last day is next Wednesday, now) and came home prepared to just nestle in at home and do a few household chores. Instead, my friend Diane called to see if I wanted to go out for lunch. Well, of course I did! We went to Paradise Bakery and had their yummy roasted garlic tomato soup and then poked around a couple of shops at Regency. We then decided to go to Dillards to see if there were any good bargains on their clearance sale. It was a nice way to spend part of the day.

When I got home I called my friend Melanie to visit, since she was home with a sick kid. I got caught up on how things were going in her classroom (my old classroom) and got all our teacher talk out of the way. 'Out of the way?' you might query? Well, on Sunday morning, Melanie and I are going to meet two of her cousins, Stacey and Nikki, at Mimi's for brunch. We have become blogger buddies, and since Stacey is home from Florida we decided to meet in person! It will be fun putting living persona's in my mind instead of just pictures from their blogs.

It looks like we are going to get a break from the weather this weekend. Go enjoy the sunshine! (Or at least the clouds with no rain! :-)

2 comments:

Diane Muir said...

You're going to have such fun on Sunday. It's always exciting to meet someone you've been talking to. And tonight was glorious. Beautiful temperatures, the clouds passed quickly. What a great evening to be outside! Have a good weekend!

Rosebud said...

The sounds like so much fun. Enjoy!!!