Friday, August 31, 2007

Cupcakes

I spent yesterday afternoon making 4 dozen cupcakes. Some went to Mark's work, but most went with me to Millard South this afternoon. I visited my old classroom and shared the cupcakes. What a huge class! I met all the new freshman - who were all very sweet and so happy to see me, even if they didn't know me. It was wonderful seeing my old students, Melanie, and the new teacher, Abby. Melanie asked me to share my 'ghost stories' from when I was a kid (my brothers and I think we lived in a haunted house) as they were reading a book in their class that had a mysterious being in it. I asked if it would frighten any of the students to hear such a story, and two students chose to go to the middle room to play a game and not listen to the story. It was fun reliving the tale - hopefully none of the kids will have nightmares!

3 comments:

Melanie D. said...

Man, those were good cupcakes! And I love your ghost stories!!! I hoped you wouldn't mind if I gave you a topic of discussion. I was so sorry that I missed saying good-bye and thank you for coming to see us. I thought that overall, they were a pretty well-behaved group! :-) And yes, BIG.

Midwest Beach Girl said...

Ghost stories are the best. Enjoy your holiday weekend!

nikkis30by30 said...

It's fun telling those stories!!! I love going to Addison's class to tell stories. Kids rock! (Most of the time!)

MMMM..... cupcakes.....