Monday, August 27, 2007

Brunch, Tea and Trophy

I had a fun, busy day yesterday! It started at brunch at Mimi's Cafe, where I finally met two of my blogger buddies face to face - along with my friend Melanie. These wonderful young women are cousin's of Melanie, and were also enticed into blogging by her - just like me! We have shared our ups and downs over the last months through our blog pages - so it was great to actually meet them in person.

After putting my feet up for a few minutes I headed over to the Oak Hills Country Club for the PEO tea that my chapter was hosting for Pam - a member of our chapter that is the new state PEO president. There was a big crowd that attended and the tea committee did an amazing job. The whole affair was beautiful and the committee made some delicious desserts - that were as good looking as they were tasty. One of our chapter members, Linda, who was on the tea committee, made a large portion of the goodies - and you would have thought a master pastry chef had made them. She had frosted brownies she cut into circles and decorated with frosting daisies, frosted star sugar cookies in white with a fairy dusting of eatable glitter, and strawberries dipped in white chocolate. I kid you not - absolutely perfect. I suggested to her she missed her calling (she is a fabulous teacher) but she said, no, that no one could afford her as she was too slow and too much of a perfectionist. She is amazing - but then I think all of that committee is pretty amazing. Another member, Mary, wrote a cute skit where she read about Pam's life while Diane held up products that coincided with some of the words (example: Pam 'pledged' to be true to PEO and a can of Pledge was held up). It was very cute, but the topper was when at the end of the skit our entire chapter held up old fashioned fans with Pam's picture on it (that Mary had made) in front of our faces when Mary said 'We are Pam's biggest fans'. That Mary - she is always coming up with unique and clever ideas. I am so proud of those gals - they did a great job!

When I got home from the tea, I was excited to find a trophy sitting on the kitchen counter! Mark's car received best of show MOPAR at the Millard Days Car Show! Pretty cool.

4 comments:

Melanie D. said...

I'm telling you - you'd better get that trophy room ready! Or a shelf in the garage?!?! His car is doing awesome, he must be so proud of his baby.

nikkis30by30 said...

You didn't tell us.... Did you find any jewelry?!?!?

Di said...

It was quite a day for you. I am so excited about the trophy for the car. He is really on a roll......way cool!! hugs, di

Rosebud said...

Congrads to Mark. You better start the extra room. It's that way at my house now with 2 cars to show..LOL