Monday, August 6, 2007

Exercise, lunch & shopping!

I have 9 more cardiac rehab days! This will put me a little over three more weeks if I don't miss any classes. I know I need to find something else to give me a cardio workout. It is time to start looking at all my options.

Went to lunch today with Lori and Diane. We had a nice meal at Mimi's Cafe. I hadn't seen Lori in a few months so it was good catching up with her. How is it that time flys by so quickly? Lori's hubby has a classic car, too, so I am sure it won't be long until the three of us will be car show widows as the guys traipse off to classic car events. :-)

Diane and I did a little shopping after lunch at Village Point and then Von Maur. We looked at possible 'Mother of the Groom' dresses just for fun. There was actually one that might work, but I want Courtney's opinion, if possible, and since my chemo treatments could change at any time, I hate to purchase this early with the possibility of my weight fluctuating. But it was fun to look!

Greg's girlfriend, Jaime, came home this evening from Korea. If her plane was on time, she arrived 15 minutes ago! Greg stopped by the house to pick something up this afternoon and I asked that once she is rested, and has her pictures developed, to stop by so she could tell us all about her trip. I am sure she will need a few days to recover even though she is young. I know I would need a week or two to feel like myself again!

Matt emailed Mark and said they had been spotting all kinds of wildlife around their house in Minneapolis - deer, a turkey 'family' and more. Sounds so peaceful!

The past few days have been so busy. I am ready for a down day. Tomorrow I plan on staying close to home to putz and rest. That sounds wonderful.

2 comments:

Melanie D. said...

I like shopping and I like Mimi's. Sounds like my kinda day!

Do you like swimming? I'm wondering about water aerobics for you - I just love those classes and it's good for joints. You'll find something, I'm sure. Maybe you should join Kathy K. at yoga!

Talk to you soon.

nikkis30by30 said...

Confession: I giggled when I read the word "putz". As long as my memory serves me, my Dad has called me "Putz". LOL!! It is even the banner on my cell phone!! HA HA!!