Thursday, August 23, 2007

Rain, Rain and More Rain

The weather in Omaha has been like a good share of the midwest as of late - rainy, rainy, rainy. I know all the vegetation is loving the rain, along with the nitrogen forming lightening, but I have to say I am getting just a bit tired of it. So far I have only spent one evening down in the basement waiting out a tornado warning, and other than high winds and downed trees that caused problems elsewhere in the city, we were spared. We had thought we might go to the last Jazz on the Green down at the Joslin tonight, but more storms are predicted, so we have opted to stay home.

I spoke with Matt and he said they had been having mega rain in Minneapolis. His first official day of law school is today. He has had to go other days this week, but for orientations, etc. He sounded excited to start. Courtney's first week of her new job has gone smoothly, other than she has a bad cold. Not a nice way to have to start!
Greg has been working at Interiors Construction (where Mark works) this summer as a laborer. Mark told me that Greg had to get his first stitches yesterday. He was throwing something into a dumpster and caught his arm on a piece of metal. Yikes! I guess he had 6 - 8 stitches. At least he only has a couple of days of work left before college starts up again.
My day has been uneventful. I cleaned out my computer area and got it all organized. It didn't take me long and it makes me wonder why I hadn't done it before. It looks SO much better. I need to go down and go through some boxes that I brought home from school, too. Maybe I will get to that yet this afternoon. I also got the balance sheet all ready for my old classroom account. I am certainly glad I didn't have to be an accountant - I am not very good at it! But it did feel good to get everything balanced and organized.
Now, I will end with the upside of being bald:
you don't wake up with bed head
rain, wind, humidity - no problem!
save money on haircuts/hair products
cool in the summer
never a bad hair day


Enjoy your day!

3 comments:

Di said...

Looking back on my bald hair days I was amazed at how quickly I could get ready!! I guess that tells you hair is time consuming.

Sounds like you are going to have the most organized house in town. I am jealous!! Good for you.
Hugs, di

nikkis30by30 said...

My Grandma's hair is growing back, in spite of her current chemo treatments. One problem.... it's growing back in a reverse mohawk!!! There isn't even stubble in the "mohawk" area!!! Thankfully, she can laugh about it.... for now.

The rain is kicking everyone's hiney. Although it is great for the outdoor beings, I too would like a day of sun.

Melanie D. said...

You are funny.

I am weird in that I enjoy the rain. Am not tired of it yet. And could listen to the thunder every night. I know it's weird.

I'd probably be oh so annoyed if I actually had plans that involved being outdoors. Like the poor fall sports coaches!