Saturday, August 4, 2007

A Long Day

It is a little after 10:00 and I am SO ready for bed. However, I have a busy day tomorrow and may not get to my blog, so decided to write tonight so as not to worry anyone.

Started my day with housework - laundry and cleaning the master bath - and then got ready to go to a luncheon. The luncheon was the Susan G Komen breast cancer survivor luncheon. Diane and I sat with our breast cancer sisters, Ricki and Kathie, who are both from York. I met Ricki through our mutual friend, Donna, and Ricki introduced us to Kathie at last year's luncheon. The meal was OK, the speaker - eh - but I am glad I went as a gal who works tireless for breast cancer fund raising received a well deserved award. It was also nice to catch up with Ricki and Kathie.

After the luncheon I had to go to Sam's Club and HyVee to get food for tomorrow. Seven of my aunts and uncles - along with my brothers and their wives, and a couple of my nieces - will be at Bert and Janet's house in Lincoln for an informal get-together. My awesome sister in law is going above and beyond the call of duty by hosting this gathering of Anderson's while her husband, my brother, is out of town on business! I will be driving to Lincoln on my own for the first time since all my health issues started. It is only an hours drive from my door to theirs - but it is still a milestone. Wish me luck!

Mark stores his muscle car in our friend, Steve's, garage. He was going to go over to Steve's house tonight to spiff the car up for a show tomorrow in Ralston. Dear Diane invited us to come over for supper since Mark was going to come over anyway. It was SO nice to not have to cook - and it is always nice to visit with our good friends! Their daughter, Kaitlin, was home, so it was good to catch up with her, too.

Matt is officially moved in to his new house in Minneapolis. Tonight as we drove home from Steve and Diane's, Mark kept saying 'Matt's starting his new life', 'Matt's gone for good - he is starting his new life'. It does seem so odd to think that he won't be home for any extended periods of time again. I can't think about it too much - or I will get teary.

2 comments:

Melanie D. said...

Aw, that gets me teary. Thinking of that. The thing is, your visits will just be different now. You guys will have to start planning trips north and they'll have to make time for Omaha on the holidays. Isn't it awesome that he spent such a big chunk of time here this summer?!

Midwest Beach Girl said...

Good luck with the drive. And just remember, we always love calls from mom after we've moved away!