Monday, August 20, 2007

Perkier

Things have perked up for me. I made it to cardiac rehab, and while I didn't go full force, I managed to finish all my exercises (albeit not at the normal intensity). I only have five more times there, and I have to admit I am looking forward to being done. I plan on trying out a new gym, Wellbound, designed for baby boomers and seniors that have expertise in working with people with heart and health issues. From the brochure I think I will be the cute chick the guys look at - pretty sad.

After my work out I came home and got some little chores done that I had been putting off and managed to sneak in a tiny nap. This afternoon I headed out to get my makeup and try on undergarments. I didn't find any u.g. that I liked, but did manage to purchase four v neck t-shirts to wear with my pj bottoms. I was just going to get two, but found out they were clearanced for under $5.00 each! Excellent!

Tonight, if the weather holds out (we are under a tornado watch) I will be going to Nebraska Furniture Mart with my sister-in-law, Liz. She and Al have just purchased a house and they want a new sofa. I always enjoy going to NFM - but I am sure Mark will be nervous thinking about me entering the doors.

Has anyone else noticed an increase in allergies lately? I never know if my extremely runny nose is from allergies, the chemo, not having nose hairs (it does make a difference - nothing to stop the flow) or what. I have been sneezing and my eyes have been dryer and stickier than they usually are. I have an opthomologist appointment next week to see if I can get some relief for my dry eyes and deteriorating vision because of the dryness. Maybe he can address my allergy question.

Stay cool and dry. It is going to be a wet week in Omaha!

3 comments:

Melanie D. said...

If you can use eye drops, try Opcon-A. They are the BEST otc drops I've used and give you relief from itch. I swear by 'em.

I've had a plugged nose for several days now, but am blaming it on catching something from Mason. We'll see if it subsides or if it is allergies.

Hope that you feel even better tomorrow!

Rosebud said...

We're cool and wet here too but we needed the rain so badly...rosebud

Midwest Beach Girl said...

My sister and I have been having a heck of a time with our allergies. It's hay fever season (ragweed) and we are both allergic.

And OF COURSE you are the cute girl at the gym!!! :)