Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Cardiologist

Slaying the beast!

Went to the cardiologist this morning. Not much new there, other than she has ordered a heart monitor for a 48 hour period if I start having the weird heart palpitations like I had after my last chemo. Maybe this time my heart will behave, but I somehow doubt it. I don't have to go back to see her for two months (unless I have concerns, of course), so this is good.

Matt has been accepted into two more law schools - Creighton U in Omaha, and Drake in DesMoines. The only school he hasn't heard from is the University of NE at Lincoln. He and Courtney are going up to Minneapolis this weekend to look at William Mitchell's campus. A friend of Matt's plans on going to William Mitchell, so this might pursuade him to go there, too. They studied for and took the LSAT together.

Greg, my 'baby', turns 21 this Friday. Seems very weird. He wants to go to Old Chicago for his birthday dinner - I think because he wants to try the varied tap beers that are available there. He only has the rest of this week and next and his junior year is over! He plans on taking a class this summer, live at the fraternity and work.

My next chemo is coming up this Monday, so would again appreciate prayers that the drugs work at slaying 'the beast' while not permanently damaging my body - and that my heart is not effected this time. Your faithfulness is so appreciated!

2 comments:

Diane Muir said...

I absolutely REFUSE to accept that Greg is turning 21. I'm sorry ... that's not possible. You're not old enough and neither am I! But ... isn't it wonderful to have two such amazing boys?

Kaitlin said...

~Jacque,
I loved all the pictures you put up and that story on KETV was fun to watch. Although, too bad that Todd wasn't there to report it. =) That is awesome news about Matt. I think he should move back to Omaha but what do I know. I'm sure Greg is looking forward to his birthday, probably counting down the minutes.
Always praying for you and I'm so glad to hear that things seem to be going well. Hopefully, your heart behaves. Enjoy your Thursday! Love you!
Love,
Kaitlin