Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Fun day

Went to lunch today with my coworkers (former?) Melanie and Patty. It was great catching up with them! We then went to the bank and transferred our classroom account from my name to theirs. Our class has a little business where we make promo buttons for customers and make a whole 25 cents a button, but it adds up and gives our class fun extras like pizza parties or fun activities.
I spoke with my onc today about informing my cardiologist about side effects of my chemo treatments. I received a call from the card. nurse saying that my onc had contacted my card. and she wanted me to know that they would have ran the same tests regardless of this information. I said that was fine, but wanted her to be aware of the side effects (sheese). I also asked the card. nurse to see about changing my diuretic as I think it is what has been making my body think it is having multiple urinary tract infections (a possible side effect according to the internet - bladder spasms). I finally figured out that each time I took the diuretic the next few days I would have a 'bladder infection'. My cultures on the last 'infection' came back clean, so hmmmm........ I haven't heard back on that one yet.
I have heard others say that dealing with cancer is like a full time job. Seems this is sad but true. I pray for a time when I can go a few days and then a few weeks and then a few months and then maybe years when I don't have to think about all this 'stuff'.

No comments: