Friday, April 20, 2007

Friday!

Friday is here and I am puttering around getting things done for my 'big weekend'. I am feeling pretty good and hopeful that this will continue as the weekend progresses! Talking with my friend, Carol, this morning I realized how much better I feel this weekend compared to when she was here a month ago. This kind or revelation helps me realize that progress is being made.

To add to my weekend's 'fullness' I have been invited to one of my past student's Eagle Scout awards ceremony Sunday afternoon. I am already attending a luncheon, but if I get done there in time, and have the energy, I hope to swing by for his reception. This young man was in my class just his freshman year (I usually had students all four years they were in high school). I really liked the guy, even though he didn't belong in my class (he was WAY too advanced scholastically), but because of some behavior issues they tossed him into my mix. We had our moments over his year with me, and we did butt heads now and then, but man could I see potential there! He is now a senior and his mom thought to invite me to his ceremony. Her kind email brought tears to my eyes.

I won't blog again until Sunday or Monday, but I hope to have some fun pictures to post! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Diane Muir said...

You're seeing progress! Amen! I'm glad you have a friend that is a measuring stick for you! [hehe] Have a wonderful weekend!

Stephanie said...

Jacque-
I didn't post this on the board or to my blog because i don't want family and friends to see it. My words are coming our as jiberish. I can't formulate sentences. I've never had a problem talking. I have a headache too. Please pray that it's not brain mets. I go for a scheduled CT scan today and then see my Oncologist tomorrow. I saw Lisa's post and now it seems to be happening to me. I yhink I need a prayer today. God is able, Stephanie