Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Party Time!

I took a cake and pop to school this morning to celebrate my birthday (a little late) with my students and coworkers. It was so great seeing everyone! I spent a little time cleaning out my desk and visiting with Melanie and Pattie. I do miss my coworkers! I also spent time visiting with Timmarie - my wonderful sub - who has done such a nice job that I haven't had to worry one bit about my class. I have been so blessed this way!

Being at school certainly brings home the tragedy at Virginia Tech. This type of horror is never far from the minds of professionals in education. I know we all have ran scenarios through our heads about 'what if'. I pray that none of us will ever have to put these considerations into action.

When I got home 'The Maids' were here going to town cleaning up the house. This has been such a nice gift - thanks again!

I am feeling stronger each day and am hopeful that I will have the stamina needed to enjoy my weekend. While a little nap sounds good, I am off to get some milk and maybe force myself to Hobby Lobby. I know that sounds weird coming from me - who would think that sitting in a chair could win out over a shopping trip? ;-D

1 comment:

Di said...

What a great day you had yesterday. I am so happy you are getting stronger everyday. You continue to amaze us all and make us proud. You are showing everyone how to handle treatment!!!
I know your week-end will be great fun. Can't wait to hear all about it.
Hugs, di