Friday, April 27, 2007

OK Appointment

My pulmonologist appointment was OK. Not the big 'Yippeeee!' I was hoping for, but OK. My residual pleural effusion hasn't gotten much better, but it also hasn't gotten worse. He gave me my first breathing test, which showed my air exchange was about half of what it should be - due to the pleural effusion - so that is why I am short of breath. The good news is, I feel good, my strength is returning, the pulsometer shows I am in the normal range and my doc said the pleural effusion would eventually go away. I sure hope he is right!

I delivered the tshirts to the different schools and spent a little time visiting with my coworkers during their lunch. I picked up Greg's cake and went to the docs. In all, a good day.

Greg was disappointed as he wanted to get his new '21' year old drivers license today, but since it is Arbor Day the DMV was closed. For Arbor Day? Sheese! Anyway, he is worried about getting into bars when he goes out with his friends tomorrow night. Hopefully the bouncers will take pity on him and let him in - it will only be expired by one day. We are heading to Old Chicago tonight to celebrate his big day. Should be fun!

2 comments:

Krista said...

I wonder if you all ran into my daughter in law and her family at Old Chicago tonight. They were celebrating her brother's 21st birthday too. Funny!
I hope that everybody had a good time and are safe on the roads.

Melanie D. said...

Ahhh...the last Friday in April. Having Arbor Day off was one of the special perks of being a state employee. That, and Columbus Day, actually made working for the state kinda fun.