Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Day Two

Day two post chemo has been a good one. I went to Nebraska Furniture Mart and bought a new printer, headed to the oncs for my Neulasta shot, went to Hancock Fabric and bought some fabric to make a scarf, then headed to Steinmart, Card Factory Outlet and the Dollar Tree looking for a tall gift box (to no avail). (If I feel good tomorrow I will take my friend Diane's advice and try Hobby Lobby and Gordmans.) I came home, have been trying to install the printer (again, to no avail), made supper and am now hoping the back ache I am experiencing goes away soon as I want to go to the Unlimited Possibilities Board meeting tonight. I am sure the back ache is from today's shot. It causes all kinds of body and bone aches - I was just hoping it would wait until tomorrow to kick in! My last treatment my worst days were the fourth and fifth day. We will see what happens this time. I keep praying that this time won't be so bad since I am not as weak as last time. A girl can hope!

If anyone has knowledge as to where I can get two tall hard cardboard gift boxes with lids - or just nice boxes with lids that are around 6 to 10 inches wide and 12 to 15 inches tall, please let me know. I am going to make donation boxes for an event coming up and I just think this kind of box would be ideal. If I can't find this type of box I will just use the old regular cardboard box. Too bad it isn't Christmas - they would be easy to find!

Have a nice evening!

4 comments:

JustAnotherDay said...

I think you can get all kinds of craft boxes in different sizes at hobby lobby. I would check that out first!

Good luck finding what you need :)

Diane Muir said...

Ok ... I'm useless on the boxes, but did you get your printer installed? If not, let me know - and I'll have 'hobbled' Max talk to you tomorrow. At least he's good for something! (hehehehe)

Melanie D. said...

Seby said that the Neulasta shot made the joints on his fingers hurt so bad that he was sure they would fall right off! I hope that the aches pass quickly and you are on your way to feeling better soon.

Do not overdo it with your "EVENT". Yes, I know exactly what you're referring to and I don't want you to exhaust yourself. Things will be okay, if not perfect, and everyone will have a blast. We just want you healthy and PRESENT at the actual event.

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed your visits to my blog and the notes of encouragement you leave. You're such a inspiration to me and you haven't let this struggle redefine who "you" are. I SO admire that. Thank you for sharing yourself through this struggle; it's a blessing. God is able, Stephanie