Sunday, April 8, 2007

Lovely Weekend




This was a great weekend. Matt and Courtney arrived Friday night and spent the weekend. Since we already had plans to go to Lincoln on Saturday for an Easter gathering at my brother's home, Courtney, Matt and I went ahead of the rest of our family so Courtney could look at wedding dresses. Not having daughters, getting to go with Courtney was a treat for me! The reason she wanted to look in Lincoln is because a designer she liked had just had a trunk show at the shop (Ellynnes Bridal). Courtney looked beautiful in all the dresses, but she was able to narrow it down to just two - both from the designer she liked - similar in look, yet different - if that makes sense. I am sworn to secrecy about what they look like - but that's OK - just know that which ever she picks (or even if she picks a different one) she will be lovely. She wrote the names of the dresses down and will look for these dresses up in Rochester with her mom. Matt, of course, was banished from the store, since he can't see the dress before hand, so he hung out at a coffee shop, shopped some and waited, and waited.

We went from dress shopping to lunch at Bert's. Not all family members were present, but we still had a nice time and great food. Greg's friend, Jaime, even came along - brave girl! We got back to Omaha in time to rest up a little before meeting our good friends, the O'Connor's, at Brewsky's for hamburgers. The 'kids' of our two families were pretty much raised together - so we try to get together when we can. With two of them still in college and one living in DesMoines we take advantage of these get-togethers when we can.

Today we were off to church to celebrate Easter, and then we went to the O'Connors home for a delicious meal. Jaime joined us today, too, and met The O'Connors for the first time. My kid's had been warning her about 'Uncle Steve' - but he was on his best behavior, so hopefully she won't be afraid to join us again! :-)

Tomorrow is my chemo day. I don't expect to sleep much tonight - but maybe I will surprise myself. Once I am past this one, where they are adding a chemo drug, I hope I won't be as apprehensive - the unknown is always the hardest part. Thanks for your words of encouragement and most of all for your prayers.

3 comments:

Diane Muir said...

As I awaken through the night (which I'm prone to do), I'll be praying for peace for you.

What a wonderful, wild weekend you had! It was so good to see you ... and just FYI, the wig looks GOOD! You looked great. You always do, but adding chemo to the mix and maintaining beauty is difficult to say the least - you pulled it off! Love you!

JustAnotherDay said...

Jacque~ I had a wonderful time this weekend! I am so glad we got to go dress shopping! Now it is decision time I think! very hard!! I had a great Easter weekend :)

Courtney

Di said...

Jacque,
You have been in my thoughts and prayers all night and morning. I will continue to pray that this treatment is kind to your body. We loved our times together this week-end. Stay strong, as I know you will. Hugs, di