Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Rainy Day

It has been raining all day. Right now it is 3:30 and it is rather dark outside. I don't think we are in any storm warnings, as I have the TV on and I haven't seen or heard anything. It was actually nice this morning, having it be so dark and gloomy, as I slept until 7:30 - which is amazing as I usually wake up between 4:30 and 5:30! This is the first day in a LONG time that I have felt really rested.

I have spent just about my whole day working on either my old computer or my new one. Between trying to set up the new one and looking for hotel accommodations for a couple of trips this summer, the day has frittered away.

Tomorrow I go to my cardiologists. I am hoping she doesn't send me for an ecco cardiogram again, but I am expecting it since I am sure my electrocardiogram will be abnormal, due to my chemo. I suppose it is better to be overly cautious.

While I know I have a different blog for my prayer list, I would appreciate prayers for two people who are are having a rough time. My friend, coworker, and fellow church member, Patty, discovered last week that her metastatic colon cancer has spread pretty extensively and her doctor does not paint a very optimistic picture for her future. My online friend, Stephanie, who is dealing with a particularly aggressive form of metastatic breast cancer is suspected to have had a stroke over the weekend. I appreciate your faithful prayers for me and ask for them to be included at this trying time in their lives.

I have said it before, but it bears repeating... Live life to the fullest - and treasure each day.

1 comment:

joanie skar said...

Jacque:
I can't believe the energy you have- God is good!!! We have been busy with our new grandson and taking care of the other two grandchildren while A.J. and Kim were in Rome for a week. A nice little perk from Mutual of Omaha-in the midst of all this Al's Mom (92yrs. old) fell and broke 2 ribs. So we have also been busy with taking care of her. All in a weeks work. We are so happy to hear that you are doing so great. Loved seeing the pictures and seems like you are really enjoying yourself. Sounds like summer plans are getting started. Know that you are in our prayers and do keep Al's mom in yours as she is very sore and can't move around much. Love to both of you and be happy!!Love and Prayers, Al and Joanie