Saturday, April 28, 2007

Sunny Saturday

It is another beautiful day in Omaha. We have the windows open and the sun is shining.

Greg's birthday celebration last night was fun. We went to Old Chicago and started with their Italian nachos - which you should try if you have never had them - they are yummy. We ordered three pizzas for 5 people, which was way more than we needed, but it allowed Greg and Jaime (Greg's girlfriend) to take home left overs to enjoy over the weekend. I am angry at myself, as I intended to take along a camera to take a picture of his first legal beer - but remembering my camera has never been my strong point - and remembering to snap photos when I have my camera is not a strong point either. I somehow missed that gene - I think that my brother Al got all of that trait. Good thing, or the Anderson clan wouldn't have any pictures commemorating the holidays we share. But I digress... Greg's friend party is tonight and he and 100 or so 'close friends' are meeting down at the Old Market (a quaint shopping area) for a bar crawl. I would suggest avoiding that area tonight if you can. Jaime isn't 21 yet, so she is dropping him off in the Market and then picking him up at the end of the night. We are very grateful for this! Our Goddaughters, Courtney and Kaitlin (OK, Kaitlin isn't officially our Goddaughter, but we still refer to her that way as it feels like she is a daughter) are going to his party, so we have asked that they keep an eye on him and not let him do anything unseemly or downright stupid. Greg figured out a way to get around not having an up to date drivers license - he is using his passport. Sigh. Greg has always been a level headed, mature young man - guess we just have to hope that trend continues tonight.

I received very sad news today that my friend Diane Muir's father was killed in a fishing boat accident in Webster City, Ia. Her uncle was also killed in this accident. Prayers for her family as they deal with this tragedy.

My next chemo is this Monday around 1:45. Prayers and good thoughts are welcome!

No comments: